Monday, December 12, 2016

2016 Most Memorable Beers & Mead--a list from TAEY (Bangkok)

The 2016 most memorable beer/mead list continues with another friend from up north---this time TAEY--a member of the Thai Brew scene who brew his own, and currently working at a brewhouse in Bangkok, those who started visiting Mikkeller Bangkok when it first started about 3 years ago would have known him---in fact the list was compiled in between a brewing session via messenger chat with a break in between chat because Taey was "transferring wort to brewing pool.."
年度最有印象啤酒/蜜酒清单继续行进,这次还是来自曼谷的啤迷/自酿发烧成员,TAEY,很早期开始就去曼谷“米吧”的朋友应该会知道他是谁,目前任职一家酿吧,这次清单是他在酿酒作业中聊出来的,因为是简单对话,也就不多做无谓中文翻译了。。
here's the list according to our chat:-
This year I love Lola from Garage Project
A LOT
And it's make me laugh so hard since I try to smell it and then took a first sip
Still laugh so hard lol
Well.. they described it as "Cherry Cola Beer" and I'm like meh.. just a gimmic for sure and then I smell it and it totally changed my mind
I was like.. dude.. this shit is legit
It was blowed my mind, I love the idea and how creative of this beer
Original
So.. I will make one like this soon lol

Abbaye de Saint Bon-Chien Grand Cru by BFM.. Top one of this year for me
Imperial Biscotti Break Raspberry Umami by Eviltwin come in 2nd
Cyclo Imperial Chocolate Stout by Pasteur Street was so f**king great
Festina Pêche by Dogfish Head
Wheat Off The Wall by Sandport
Watermelon Dorado by Ballast Point
Farking Wheaton Wøøtstout by Stone.. to be honest, normally I'm didn't like any beer from Stone that much but this one was very good one from them
Briney Melon Gose by Anderson Valley
Vieille Saison by Brasserie Trois Dames
12oz Winale by Mikkeller
Decadence 20th Anniversary Ale by Alesmith

I think that pretty much it for 2016
But not sure, cos soon I will try more beer lol
For sure lo
Oh.. I had Marion Mead and Strawberry White in this year also( OFCOZ--MEAD  --and TAEY was laughed at by his pal for a freak for white series--that he will do almost anything just to get hold of one-- but what's better than when mom approves son's choice of drink? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment